Six ways baking soda can help you clean your home
One of the most underrated cleaning products is baking soda! Yes baking soda, and no were not about to make some cookies! Baking soda has so many uses for everyday household chores not just for cleaning either! Baking soda is an inexpensive item to buy to help clean items around the house easily and also saving money too!
Below are just a few examples on what baking soda can be used for when it comes to cleaning:
- Microwave cleaning – If you have a dirty microwave that is becoming too messy to handle. Place some baking soda on a clean damp sponge, clean the inside or outside of the microwave. This will get rid of the dirt and grime, and also it will not leave any chemical smells.
- Polish Silver flatware – To easily clean sliver ware, make a baking soda paste; three parts baking soda, one part water. Take a clean cloth and rub the mixture onto the sliver ware then simply wipe clean!
- Oven cleaner – Cleaning the oven can be a hazardous job. It normally involves using a thick chemical product that can leave you choking from the fumes. If you simply cover the bottom of your cold oven with baking soda, then spray with water and leave overnight, you’ll find cleaning the oven the next morning a lot easier and safer!
- Deodorize your fridge – Fridges can have a bad odour if food is left to become rotten. If your fridge has an odour, place an open box of baking soda in the fridge to deodorize it.
- Deodorize drains – To clean out a kitchen sink that might have gathered a bad smell. Pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain with running warm tap water with it.
- Bathroom – Bathrooms can be a difficult room to clean in a home as streaks and stains can be hard to remove. By getting three parts baking soda and one part water, apply it to the stubborn area and then let is sit for a few hours before wiping it clean.