Having a clean office can help to improve productivity. This can help to improve your work and to allow you to a better day at work!
Whether you are a professional cleaner or an employee who works in an office, we have provided a few easy tips and methods to keep office spaces clean and fresh.
For office employees.
Regularly keeping your personal desk area clean and tidy helps to keep things organised and allows you to work efficiently. Here are a few tips that all office workers can use to help maintain a clean, clear, and well-ordered workspace.
A Professional Cleaner’s step-by-step guide to cleaning an office.
For professional cleaners, it is important to ensure that each office desk and surrounding areas is cleaned to a high standard , in order to provide the client with a fresh space for their employers to work in.
The following step by step tips can help professional cleaners to have a step by step process of how to successfully clean an office space and can be a great checklist and also make cleaner time more efficient. These tips have been created so they can be transferable to any office space you clean and can be a great tool to help maintain quality control when having to clean multiple desks.
Step by step guide for office desks:
- Remove dust from the desk and computer, desks should be wiped using multipurpose sanitiser sprayed onto a damp blue microfibre cloth. Wiping all parts of the desk including legs and drawers to remove any dirt, food stains and dust. DO NOT OPEN ANY DRAWS.
- Wipe and clean office draw, focusing on the front and sides to remove any marks and dust. Use a damp blue microfibre cloth sprayed with multipurpose spray in circular motion until clean. DO NOT OPEN ANY DRAWS.
- Move devices and objects such as paper trays, keyboards, loose paperwork and mouse to ensure all areas are cleaned. Making any bases of monitors are cleaned as well.
- All appliances on the desk should be wiped down using a clean damp cloth with only water on cloth. NO SPRAY SHOULD BE SPRAYED DIRECTLY ONTO ANY MONITOR, COMPUTER, KEYBOARD OR MOUSE. Ensure all fingerprints have been wiped away.
- Chairs: Use the duster or the vacuum cleaner where possible to remove dust from the back, frame and leg of chair. Wipe down any part of the chairs that can be cleaned i.e. plastic. Including the leg chairs and back of the chair, removing dust, dirt and any crumbs, using multipurpose sanitiser on a damp blue micro fibre cloth.
- Empty each desk bin and replace with a clean small white bin liner, dispose of all waste. IF there is only a small amount of waste such as paper and the bin is not stained, to cut waste to the environment empty the contents into a main general bin without changing the individual desk bin liner. Bin must be tied on the rim on the bin and tucked into it.
Step by step guide for general areas within the office:
- Remove all cobwebs that have built up from each corner of the rooms, paying attention to high and low areas and behind furniture, such as sofa chairs, cabinets, radiators and skirting boards
- Using a feather duster this will allow you to reach the higher up areas to grab onto the cobweb pulling and removing them away from the surface.
- All appliances within the office such as printer, monitors, telephone, computers, shredder etc to remove dirt and dust. Also ensuring all fingerprints have been wiped away, this should be done with multipurpose sanitiser sprayed onto a damp blue micro fibre cloth.
- Wipe down all doors including the door handles, and frames removing any marks or fingerprints using multipurpose sanitiser sprayed onto a damp blue microfibre cloth.
- Empty all larger bins such as general waste and communal waste bin and replace with a clean clear recycling bin, place the full bin bag in the outside waste bin.
- Wipe down the bins if waste is present on the bin, such as food waste, using multipurpose sanitiser on a damp blue microfibre cloth. Also cleaning out the basin of the bin if necessary if dirt and grime is built up.
- Bin must be tied on the edge and tucked into it.
- If there is only a small amount of waste such as paper and the bin liner is not stained, to cut waste to the environment, empty the contents into a main general bin without changing the individual desk bin liner.
If you liked this Blog and found it helpful, please follow us on social media and leave a comment. If you need any further information about Green Heart Clean please look check out our other blogs and services.
For an enquiries on services provided, don’t hesitate to contact us on social media, or call us on 01509 767560.