Having a clean office area can help to improve productivity. This can help to improve your work and to allow you to a better day at work!
1. Have a trash can within reach – if you are always using pieces of paper or other materials, instead of letting them build up because the bin is too far away, have a smaller waste bin by your desk.
2. Keep Stationary close – pens, pencils etc.. can often just be thrown around when you don’t have a designated spot for them. Get a pen pot or desk organizer to store them neatly on your desk.
3. Get rid of unnecessary clutter – any paper, post it notes or scraps of better that are building up should be thrown away. Get a notebook and record all notes, ideas, to – do’s etc.
4. Don’t let paper pile up – Have a desk tray to organise incoming documents. This will keep them stored away and not in a pile next to you. If you receive a lot of documents, get a 3 or 4 tiered paper tray.
5. Clean before you leave – Give yourself a reminder to tidy your desk 5 minutes before you leave work on a Friday (get rid of any scrap paper or rubbish from the week). This will help your productivity on Monday morning, when you come into work in a clean and tidy environment.