Paper Hand Towels, sold by Green Heart Clean Shop, are perfect for satisfying basic hand drying needs. With the Universal Tork Singlefold Hand Towels, they can provide an economic value for money. These paper hand towels are suitable for demanding environments such as in the bathroom, kitchen, hand sanitising stations, hospitals, doctors, dentists and many more. The paper towels reduce consumption and therefore waste with its reliable one-at-a-time dispensing. A hygienic workplace is important to prevent the spread of bacteria and germs. To be able to promote great personal hygiene you can purchase a selection of paper hand towels for your customers, visitors, friends or family to use once they have disinfected or washed their hands. Hand Paper towels can also be used to mop up spills and messes with fresh hand towels. With plastic-free wrapping Tork have taken the environment into consideration by eliminated plastic from this product’s packaging.
This product is made from
- Recycled fibres
- The packaging material is made from paper or plastic
This product includes a Case of 20 x 200 towels in blue totalling to 4,000 sheets. With measurements of 22.5cm x 23cm, the paper towels have a large enough surface area to mop up or wipe most hands and surfaces. In the colour blue.
Recycling of paper is an efficient use of resources as the wood fibres are used more than once. High demands are put on the quality and purity of recovered fibres, considering each step of the chain, to ensure safe and hygienic products. Recovered paper can be produced both from collected newsprint, magazines and office waste. The choice of recovered paper grades is made for each product, depending on its specific requirements on performance properties and brightness. The paper is dissolved in water, washed and treated with chemicals under high temperature and screened to separate out impurities.
Bleaching is a cleaning process of the fibres that are often used. The aim is then to achieve a bright pulp, but also to get a certain purity of the fibre in order to achieve the demands for hygiene products and in some cases to meet the requirements for food safety. Bleaching of the recovered pulp is made with chlorine-free bleaching agents. Except for Natural Napkins that are unbleached. For bleached products, we use bleaching agents.
All chemicals (process aids as well as additives) are assessed from an environmental, occupational health and safety and product safety point of view.
To control product performance we use additives:
- Wet strength agents (for Wipers and Hand Towels)
- Dry strength agents (are used together with mechanical treatment of the pulp to make strong products like wipers)
- Coloured papers, dyes and fixatives (to secure perfect fastness of the colour) are added
- Printed products printing inks (pigments with carriers and fixatives) are applied
- Multi ply products we often use water-soluble glue to secure the integrity of the product
In most of our mills, we do not add optical brighteners but it often occurs in recovered paper since it is used in printing paper.
We do not use softeners for professional hygiene products.
High product quality is secured through quality and hygiene management systems throughout production, storage and transport.
In order to maintain a stable process and product quality the paper manufacturing process is supported by the following chemicals/ process aids:
- defoamers (surfactants and dispersing agents)
- pH-control (sodium hydroxide and sulphuric acid)
- retention aids (chemicals that help to agglomerate small fibres to prevent fibre loss)
- Coating chemicals (that help to control the creping of the paper to make it soft and absorbent)
To reuse broke and to utilise recovered fibres we use:
- Pulping aid (chemicals that help to repulp wet strong paper)
- Flocculation chemicals (that help to clean out printing inks and fillers from recovered paper)
- Bleaching agents (to increase the brightness of pulp from recovered paper)
In the cleaning of our wastewater, we use flocculation agents and nutrients for the biological treatment to secure that no negative impact on water quality comes from our mills.
This product fulfils the legislative requirements for Food Contact materials, confirmed by external certification performed by a third party. The product is safe for wiping food contact surfaces and may also come occasionally into contact with foodstuffs for a short period of time.
This product is certified for the EU Ecolabel.
This product is certified for FSC®.
Fulfilment of Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive (94/62/EC): Yes